Friday, March 4, 2011

I Made Friends!...With Other Foreigners...

In the land of the unkown, we lost people stick together.  Haha, that was the theme of last night on the town as I met two Irish lads and one Scot lad at Jack Duggans, the Irish pub in town.  Man, what a fun time!  Think Girard Butler in real life!  Suddenly I think I'm in the wrong country...perhaps I belong in Scotland?!  In an instant I got over the Aussie accent when the Scotish fella started talkin!  Anywhoo, I had fun bar hoppin around with them!  By the end of the night I ended up with a half brother who was Scotish - he was protecting me from creepers in the bar - though I have to say, none of the guys really were creepers..


One of the things I love the most about here is that everyone is so friendly to each other.  When they are jokin with each other and making fun of eachother, they don't get all hot headed like back home.  I noticed a couple of instances where my heart rate spiked because they were saying things that, if I were back in Abq, would have warranted a fight and probably a gun being pulled in the heat of the moment.  But here, it's not dodgey like that.  Guys can shoot the shit and just have fun with eachother.  That's not to say that fights don't break out - I have yet to see one, and I am sure they do happen, but in general, the demeanor of males towards eachother is so much different. 


Also, I have to admit I love that there isn't nearly as many ladies as there are blokes.  What girl wouldn't love that ;)
Ps.  I'm going out with them again tonight!  And I have people to go to Sydney with because they actually live there and go home almost every weekend!  Yay!  They said they'd show me around the city.  Can't wait for that adventure!  Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment