Sunday, February 20, 2011

Chasing a Roo and Parties Too!

Hellooo out there! 
Been just a couple days since I posted but there is a lot that keeps coming up that I forget to mention and think later, "I should have said that".  Of course I can't remember half the stuff now, but here's what I have been doing anyway. 


I met all of the staff in our Human Movement Department - Frank, the head of the school is wonderful!  He is so down to earth and real.  The rest of them I met at a party yesterday at one of the staff member, Deb's house.  She had a gorgeous home that is about 30 minutes from the heart of Bathurst.  If I had normal internet, I would post pictures of her positiviely gorgeous view!  It was seriously breathtaking.  She is hilarious too so it made for a fun get together, even though I was the 'American' invited solely for that reason, because I am not a staff member at CSU.  Haha luckily, we have the connection with Dr. Robergs being a supervisor.


Being a typical American, I couldn't help but wander about kangaroo's being around so I had to ask.  Deb actually said that 'Skippy' comes around every morning and evening and eats her rose bushes...WHAT?! I was so excited to hear that, I made it a point for us to stick around until dusk.  Sure enough, at about 5:30 a cluster of Skippy's came out and about.  I'm pretty sure they smelt American blood however, because they didn't come all the way up to her home like she mentioned.  We gathered our stuff and went chasing them Roo's.  We found several of them but they were scared of us when we tried to walk up to them.  Dr. Roberg's assured us that if you rub a kangaroo's chest, it has an instant hypnotizing effect on them and they melt.  Isn't that cute?  I can't wait to see it happen in real life.  On the drive home, we saw a few more but didn't get close enough to them.  We were told by other staff at the Uni that Skippy's actually hang around the campus in the evening time.  I assure you I will get an up close picture of one of them soon!


For all you car racing feens out there, I forgot to mention that the Mount Panorama Race Way is INSANE.  There is no way I could ever even imagine going 100's of miles per hour...I mean kilometers per hour on a track like that!  However, once I get a bicylce, that will be one hell of a great work out to start the days with.  During the year the track is totally open to the public - talk about another breath-taking view from the top of the track!  I bet its beautiful at night with all the 'town lights'...hmm where's an aussie boy to take me up there for some romance, huh?  haha 


Anywhoo - we are in the middle of O week (orientation) and stole away for a computer lab for a few minutes, its time to get back because there is FREE lunch. And an international student welcome.  And a sports talk after; of which I hope to meet Belinda, the gymnastics president who offered me a job.  Keep ya updated!  Love you all :)

1 comment:

  1. You are too adorable! I cant wait to hear about all of your adventures!

    ReplyDelete